If you’ve been paying attention to the news, you’ve seen the increase in cyber threats from Russia, hacking becoming an established industry, and Dental offices becoming a favorite target of cyber criminals. While you may be doing everything you think you can to protect your practice, your office is still vulnerable. Therefore, we recommend adding a Security Operations Center to your security stack.
What is a Security Operations Center
You work with Darkhorse Tech (or another MSP/IT team) because you need a team of professionals monitoring your office for any potential issues while also being available when needed. Your anti-virus/anti-ransomware software protects you from known threats but is not actively reviewing cyber threat activity with a human’s eye. A Security Operations Center is similar to Darkhorse Tech in that it’s made up of professionals constantly monitoring your network and greater cyber threat activity at large. With real-time threat detection, 24/7 active monitoring and response, and the ability to deploy agents when needed Security Operations Center takes you from reactive to proactive and beyond.
What Does a Security Operations Center Do?
- Proactive Monitoring: As stated above, one of the key elements of a Security Operations Center is the proactive nature of their work. Whether focusing on PCs, servers, routers, firewalls, or even mobile devices, a security operation center is constantly reviewing a network for vulnerabilities by looking at it from an “criminal” perspective. On top of this oversight, the monitoring aspect considers cyber threats in general (not necessarily within a given network) to prevent attacks from being successful should they take place. Lastly, monitoring means identifying malicious activity before it becomes an issue.
- Incident Response & Recovery: While malicious activity can often be addressed before it becomes an issue, should an incident occur a Security Operations Center allows an organization to continue operating while remediation takes place.
- Remediation Activities: A majority of remediation revolves around making setup adjustments to prevent future attacks and incidents. With their expert insight they can identify vulnerabilities and respond accordingly.
- Compliance: As cyber specialists, a Security Operations Center can ensure that security standards are upheld in accordance with best practice and industry-specific guidelines.
Security Operations Center & HIPAA Compliance Services?
While HIPAA compliance services offer a guideline to protection (a must for any Dental office), they do not offer a proactive approach to cyber threats. Rather, they provide preventative measures to protect your data and keep you in compliance. By implementing an added layer of security, you are no longer leaving your protection solely in the hands of anti-virus/anti-ransomware software. By engaging professionals who are actively looking to prevent an attack before it begins, reacting to any threats in real time, and are up to date on the latest and upcoming threats, you take your protection measures from preventative and reactive to proactive.
Which Security Operations Center Gets Our Endorsement?
Blackpoint Cyber’s MDR has proven to be an invaluable addition to dentists’ security stacks. Rather than adding software after software that only takes you so far, Blackpoint provides a proactive approach to keep you ahead of cyber criminals. They utilize continuous monitoring, real-time threat detection, and active response to protect dental practices.
Additionally, robust cybersecurity doesn’t need to break the bank. Blackpoint provides an actual, human-based team of technicians, not an automated (or outsourced) ‘team’. Blackpoint Cyber offers a free demo and 10-day proof of concept, followed by a call with a Blackpoint Engineer and member of Darkhorse Tech to run through their findings and answer any questions you may have. The cost, should you choose to move forward, is $14 dollars per endpoint (computer, server, etc.), making their offer a true value. To schedule your demo, please reach out to us and mention Blackpoint in the subject line.
About Darkhorse Tech
Whether you’re just starting out or a well-established organization, Darkhorse Tech has the experience and technology to help get you moving, cut costs, and streamline your operations via unlimited IT support. We are here to help you do what you do best: focus on providing top-notch care and service for patients – not dealing with IT problems, lag time spent talking with technical support, or complicated technological mishaps. Unlimited IT support services help the whole team work efficiently without worrying about significant system issues or constant interruptions.
Our additional security services include:
- Unlimited Remote and/or On-Site IT Support of All Your Hardware and Software
- Improved Network Performance and Security
- HIPAA Compliant Off-Site and Local Backup Service (Darkhorse Secure Backup)
- Managed Antivirus, Anti-Malware, and Anti-Ransomware (Darkhorse Security Products)
- Compliance & Security Laws Standards
- Microsoft Security Patch Management
- Vendor Management: We will be on the phone, not your employees
- Secure, Remote Access to Your Office
- Firewall Management
- Network Management
- Long Term Planning and Budgeting
Contact us anytime if you want to learn more about our dental-specific solutions and unlimited support packages. Our friendly customer service team will get back to you in no time.
Let’s get started. Call us today at 800.868.4504